How to Look 10 Years Younger - The Stylish Easy Way
Most women out there who are past their 30s want to know the quick recipe for how to look 10 years younger. And there's really no surprise why. Society puts a lot of pressure on women to look as young as possible for as long as possible.
More importantly, we put that pressure on ourselves.
There would be no shame in wanting to look younger. That is if younger meant feeling and looking energized, fresh, modern, and just like the best version of who you are now.
If you're curious to know what are some of my go-to fashion tips for looking younger, keep on reading.
Make Friends with Colors Again
Yes, I know, black makes anyone look slimmer, but an all-black wardrobe isn't doing you any favors.
That's because, as we get older, our skin tends to become paler. Wearing black can create a contrast that highlights wrinkles and draws attention to those dark circles under the eyes.
Still, many women stay away from wearing color once they reach a certain age, mainly because they are afraid of looking ridiculous.
When used correctly, color can help you create a fresh look that shows off your personality. Give these ideas a shot:
- Incorporate a bright accessory into your outfit. A colored scarf, a statement brooch or necklace, or a colourful handbag can be that pop of color you need for a modern look.
- Nail polish. When was the last time you painted your nails bright-red? Nudes and sheer colors bring attention to your hands, rather than your nails, and may emphasize any problem areas.
- Use metallic colors for an edgy look. If the thought of bright colors scares you, go for cool silvers or rich golds to create a trendy look. Here's a pair of ankle boots you can take inspiration from.
- Say Goodbye to Those Clinging Clothes
They might be comfortable, but they sure don't fit in this how to look 10 years younger category.
Clothes that fit tightly to your body reveal all your little imperfections and your underwear. This look makes it seem like you've stopped trying.
Go for knitted clothes instead. They will help you build better outfits that are more stylish - without compromising comfort.
Show Your Body
Hiding your body is the opposite extreme of wearing clinging clothes.
Wearing shapeless clothing or hiding under multiple layers of clothes is a sure way to make yourself look heavier.
Accentuate the most flattering parts of your figure by wearing:
- Belts that accentuate your waist
- High-waist items
- A well-cut jacket that nips in at the waist
- A Peter Pan collar to make your neck appear longer
- Spool heels
Add sporty elements to your outfits
They will definetely refresh your look. Read our full article about it here
For more stylish outfit ideas and tips on how to look 10 years younger, subscribe to our newsletter.
How to Look 10 Years Younger - Bonus Tip
I know how it sounds, but I firmly believe that looking younger is feeling younger.
The point is: Make the most out of the age you have.
Constantly wishing you were younger is just a way to waste the time you are fortunate to have now. It will only lead to frustration and being miserable, so just stop it, okay?
There's no point in wasting your energy wishing impossible things like turning back time. You will never look exactly the way you did in your 20s.
But you know what?
You can look even better.